Finally, as promised, the tutorial! Yes, it really did take me two days to get this ready. I hope you enjoy it. Be sure to create a FREE studio on eWillow.com and upload photos of your cakes when you are finished. You can even sell them, too! Click HERE for more details.
Also, to help spread the word about eWillow.com and to build our community, please link to this tutorial and share the news that eWillow.com is FREE to use. Once you open a studio, you can sell your creations or just upload photos of your paper crafts for all of us to see. Email email@example.com for more information.
Now, on to the tutorial!
Download the Template (Print the template directly onto the cardstock. It's much easier that way! You will need to print ELEVEN of each)
If you have a Cricut machine, click HERE for the template
Bone Folder for Scoring
Assorted Cardstock, Ribbons, Punches, & Embellishments
1) Remember, to make it easier, print templates directly onto cardstock
**Please note that you need ELEVEN of each piece**
2) Cut out cake pieces on solid lines and score on dotted lines
3) Apply double-sided tape to pointy flap and adhere as shown below
4) Apply double-sided tape to side flap and adhere as shown
5) Bring flaps together and punch a hole
6) Feed ribbon thru one hole, wrap around box, and feed out thru other hole
To make the curly things, cut strips of paper 1/2" wide and curl the end around a pencil.
Decorate each slice any way you want! On the slices below, I punched out different shapes and glued them onto the flaps.
For the cake topper, I painted a wooden knob and added some paper circles. I gathered up some ribbon and adhered it with glue.
Now, you try it! Remember to share the link to this tutorial on your blog. Once you do, come back and leave your blog address with us in the comments section below so we can all visit your blog. Have fun!